4.05.2009

over my shoulder (4)

(n.b. you'll notice that i switched to composing my entries without using capital letters b/c it's easier and it looks sharper in my opinion. i hope this doesn't upset any of my readers.)

there are several entities that follow me around wherever i seem to be; however, probably the strongest or most intense "shadow" is my anxiety. i have never been diagnosed with any type of mental disorder nor have I had any serious medical complications (besides a brief bout with lactose intolerance), so i am not sure what continues to cause my overall restlessness. i often like to defer to the words of st. augustine who cries that "our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee, O Lord" (Confessions 1.1). i believe that the words of augustine speak to the truth of reality, while creating another layer of unnecessary stress for this 24-year old! i certainly have shown signs of improvement over the past several months, which gives me hope for kicking this demon once and for all. i welcome your prayers for my anxiousness. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment